It has been a while since I’ve reviewed a subscription service, and courtesy of BuluBox and Sweat Pink, this girl is getting ready to dive into a happy orange box o’ joy!
The neat thing about BuluBox is that depending on your fitness needs and goals, you have two options to choose from, either the standard fitness box or the weight loss box. The box I received was the standard fitness box, but with shifting goals, I would be interested in seeing what options come with the weight loss box.
The Bulu Deets
- Bulu Box is the first health, nutrition and weight loss discovery box designed to help you feel your best.
- Each custom box comes filled with a new mix of 4 to 5 premium samples from top brands to try.
- Every sample is sufficient enough to decide if the product is right for you.
- Select which type you’d like to receive (Standard or Weight Loss)
- Get your customized package of samples
- Try them and review them for points
- Bank the points or use them to help purchase full-sized items
- Get them shipped to your front door!
The bright orange box is branded with motivational slogans which immediately brightened my day. Aside from the samples listed below, I particularly liked that there was in insert explaining each item enclosed in the box and what the cost breakdown for the full-size version would be. Don’t be shaken by the numbers at a first glance because if you do the math, they are a solid value.
- Urgent RX Upset Stomach (cherry flavored)
- Martha Stewart Essentials Vegetarian Multi-Vitamin Gummies (50 gummies; not currently available)
- Movit Energy Dummies (citrus flavored)
- Nuvia Cafe *not reviewed; see below
- BPI Sports FunnBar (Citrus Blast; Caramel & Chocolate)
*Unfortunately, I was crushed to learn that the Nuvia Cafe Healthy Instant Coffee has African Mango Extract, a complete heartbreaker for a gal allergic to mango. Although I have an allergy test scheduled for October, I didn’t want to run the risk of needing my Epipen for a product review. I will do my utmost to find a fellow fit pal who could provide me with their insight.
With my recent push to embrace a more plant-based diet, I took particular interest in the MSE vegetarian multivitamin dummies and the Ovega-3 fish oil alternative. Currently, I am using a different food-based Women’s Multivitamin, but I am uncertain if it is legitimately suited for vegetarians. Both items were pleasantly surprising, and I really liked the Ovega because it didn’t have the fishy aftertaste that some Omega-3 gels tend to have.
The Urgent Rx Upset Stomach Relief To-Go has been tucked away into my first-aid pouch in my purse because you never know this foodie could have bout with something less than agreeable.
I did like the items contained in my BuluBox, but I do not know if the subscription service is something I would commit to at this time. When food allergies, it can become tricky when one relinquishes control over what food items are being sent their way.
Are you interested in giving BuluBox a try?
Use discount code SWEATPINK for 50% off a three, six, or twelve month subscription!
Thought Adjustment Hour
Included with the Bulu box was a surprising “Lifestyle Bonus” — a $100 OFF Naked Wines Voucher?! I firmly believes that this proves that wine is essential to good health and happiness!
If I ever wanted to stock up my wine fridge in a jiffy, this service is a lifesaver! While some may wag a finger at spending $70 on vine-to-doorstep vino (none of which I’ve ever sampled before), 12 full-sized bottles with shipping built into the price in quite the fair deal ($5/bottle). My case arrived less than 48 hours later! I was assigned the “Angelic Customers’ Favorites” twelve-pack to be shipped within a week:
- F. Stephen Miller Angels Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Lodi (2014)
- Arabella Cabernet Sauvignon (2014)
- Jacqueline Bahue Cabernet Sauvignon Franc Lodi (2014)
- David Akiyoshi Red Blend (2013)
- Timothy Olson Dry Creek Zinfandel (2014)
- F. Stephen Miller Angel’s Reserve Merlot Lodi (2014)
- JC van StadenZinfandel (2014)
- F. Stephen Miller Angels Reserve Shiraz (2014)
- 99 Barrels Russian River Valley Chardonnay (2014)
- F. Stephen Miller Angels Reserve Chardonnay (2014)
- Scott McLeod Chardonnay Russian River Valley (2014)
- Gianni Conte Pinot Grigio Della Venezie (2014)
If you’re on the fence about trying a mail order wine program, I would say give this one a try. In addition to the website where you can review each of your wines and browse other bottles, they have an app to track your progress, too! With all this wine on the way and the arrival of autumn, it is safe to say that I am ready for plenty of patio time!
Note: The sample BuluBox was provided via the Fit Approach Sweat Pink Ambassador Program.