So several of the blog help sites I’ve been reading about the power of mailing lists over forwarding post links to various social media platforms. Try as I may, I cannot seem to figure out who is following via e-mail, RSS Feeds, Twitter, Facebook, and communities like BlogLovin’. I enjoyed playing with the e-mail templates with MailChimp, but I cannot seem to import my list of contacts from WordPress. I distinctly feel like I am overlooking something critical in the “if it were snake it would have bitten you by now” sense of the word.
I wanted to keep my e-newsletter simple as I have limited resources when it comes to graphic design. So far, I have divided to my content presentation into three parts: Weekly Rewind (past posts), Currently I’m… (present projects), and RRW Forecast (upcoming information). Should I add anything? Would a picture or two make it more exciting? Would you be more likely to engage in the material with more bells and whistles?
RRW Weekly Rewind
- Gaining Exposure – I’ve been blogging for nearly five years, yet I have relatively low stats. In 2015, I want to learn how to expand, grow, and flourish. The more I research about in-depth blogging, the longer my Task List is growing!
- Virginia Vacation – In between hectic holiday flying, I managed to squeak out a miniature vacation to recharge my batteries. Latest places added to the list: Yorktown & Colonial Williamsburg, VA.
- Sensational Scones & Terrific Tea – So delicious, you won’t believe it is instant!
- Lady Track Shack 5K – My race for January focuses on women’s health issues and a shorter distance.
- Reading: French Women Don’t Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure by Mirelle Giuliani
- Running: Celebration Virtual Half Marathon (/13.1 Miles)
- Writing: Defining RRWK’s Goals with The Badass Blog Planner by Sarah Morgan.
- Polling: I’m collecting reader feedback, so let your voice be heard!
- Run: I’ve hammered out my spring racing schedule and I’m testing out some advice, too.
- Kitchen Experiment: A sassy follow-up to my Sensational Scones involving chocolate and cherries!
- Write: Tapping into my inner badass blog girl!
- How many of you use mailing lists to reach your followers?
- Which resources or services do you use to compile your e-mail list?
- Do you prefer to send e-mails with HTML, Rich Text, or plain text?
- Do you include additional materials or content?
- May I add you to my mailing list?